Standard Class Schedule Time Slots
Benefits of the time slots are:
- Increased flexibility within a uniform schedule across schools
- Increased accessibility in scheduling cross-listed courses
- Consistent class periods throughout the week
Schedule and Guidelines
The chart below illustrates the time slots for the standard class schedules.
The meeting patterns for the new schedule are:
- MWF-for 50-minute classes that meet three times per week
- MW, WF, TR, and MR-for 75-minute classes that meet two times per week
- One-day-per-week classes may be scheduled any day of the week, in accordance with constraints.
- No more than 10% of total school/department classes offered in any one timelsot.
- All classes, regardless of length, must begin at the official starting times.
- Departments/schools may schedule up to 50% of their classes during periods 2–4 (prime time).
- Various MWF or MW, WF, MF patterns must constitute at least 50% of each department's offerings.
- MW classes must equal number of WF plus MF classes.
- Once-per-week classes that start prior to period 6 must be paired according to one of the two-day per week patterns (MW, WF, MF, TR).
- Departments may schedule up to two pairs of once-per-week classes that cross into periods 2 and 3.