Richmond Home

Veteran Services FAQ

How do I know if I am eligible for VA Benefits?
The best way to verify if you are eligible is to contact the VA directly. Please call at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website,
Does the Department of Veterans Affairs pay for tuition?

All students who receive veterans education benefits are responsible for the same tuition policies as other University of Richmond students. Additional information can be found on the Student Accounts website.

How much money will I receive?

Please consult the following Department of Veteran Affairs website for benefit pay charts:

For more specific information contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

When will I receive my first check? How do I find out the status of my payments?

Students may inquire about the status of a pending claim through the Buffalo Regional Office at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Will I automatically receive benefits next semester?

No. You must notify your campus Certifying Official of your enrollment at the beginning of each semester. Enrollment certifications for returning students are then transmitted to the VA electronically.

Do I have to report all changes in my schedule (add/drop)?

Yes. Report any changes in class schedule to avoid over/under payment of benefits. 

What is the contact information for the Buffalo Regional Processing Center?

Department of Veteran Affairs
Buffalo Regional Processing Office
P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616

FAX: (716) 551-3332

Certifying Official

Jean Creamer, Assistant Registrar, Student Services
Phone: (804) 289-8396
Fax: (804) 287-6578

Mailing Address:
Office of the University Registrar
142 UR Drive
University of Richmond, VA 23173

For tuition billing questions, the University's Student Accounts Office can be contacted at (804) 289-8147.